5 Things Homeowners Should Know
In the unfortunate event of a puffback occurring in your home, it is important to address the situation right away. Give us a call at 973-316-6014 and a restoration team will make its way to your home in no time. Upon arriving at your home, our puffback cleanup and restoration specialists will inspect your home to identify all areas that were affected by the puffback and thoroughly clean and deodorize it as quickly as possible. Our puffback specialists ensure that your home and property are returned to their original, soot-free condition minus the odor.
Does my homeowners insurance pay for the cleanup?
YES. 99.9% of all homeowners insurance policies cover the full cost to cleanup then mess and odor left behind from a puff back. PDQ Restoration is a vendor all most all of the insurance carriers and we bill them directly.
If your home or business experiences a puff back, you should not:
- Do not attempt to wash wallpaper or flat-painted walls, as improper cleaning will further compound the soot residue
- Do not use retail cleaning solutions or soap. These will only smear and spread the soot, not fully remove it
- Do not try to clean carpets and upholstered furniture
- Avoid touching items in the home. Soot on hands can easily permeate upholstery, walls and woodwork, causing additional damage
- Don’t wait! Soot travels and will reappear if not immediately removed
For your convenience, we offer emergency cleanup and restoration services 24/7 and direct insurance billing. To learn more about our puffback cleanup and restoration services, please contact us today and we will be right out to see the damage and educate you on what needs to be done!